Week Two Tip
Here is the formula for easy habit building:
"After I [some routine, daily activity], I will do my tiny bit of mindfulness."1
Let's break that down:
- Pick one simple activity that's already part of your daily routine. Some examples:
- Brushing your teeth
- Eating breakfast
- Walking in the front door of your office
- Turning on your work computer
- Inputting your billable time
- Returning home after work
- Use that routine activity as a trigger.
Whenever you do that routine activity, do your tiny bit of mindfulness right afterward.
Remember, you can practice for just two minutes, or one minute, or 30 seconds, or even less if need be. Anything more than zero seconds is a win.
- That's it! 🎉
Earlier LID Materials
1 This strategy comes from the work of Stanford psychologist BJ Fogg, who studies habit formation. Return to tip.